Here are a few ideas that are sure to add value and an extra sparkle to your home:
- Work on the appearance of your yard. Your front yard creates the first impression to potential buyers. Having it neat and clean can score you points!
- New paint or siding can increase property value faster than any other single renovation.
- Fence in your yard. This creates a larger market for your home, especially for potential buyers who value privacy or who have pets and/or children and need a fenced in yard.
- Landscaping adds personality to your home. Even better than having a clean cut lawn, adding trees, bushes or flowers can make the home feel more welcoming. Just be careful not to go overboard.
- Make sure gutters are in working condition. Clear all gutters of clogs and ensure they are clean. Rusty gutters visible to a potential buyer can be a turn off.
- Porches and covered decks add major appeal to a home. If funding is available, consider adding a deck in the backyard, great for barbecuing and dinners outdoors!
- A paved or concrete driveway that is free of grease stains and offers ample parking is always a plus! If you don't have the budget to replace the driveway, rent a pressure cleaner to wash away unsightly stains.
- Ample lighting in the home gives potential buyers a secure feeling. Be sure to check bulbs in rooms throughout the house to ensure every light is working.
- Key rooms to renovate in the home are the bathrooms, kitchen and master bedroom. Any renovations, such as appliance upgrades, can add a great deal of value to your home.