So you're ready to buy your first home! Check out some of these first-time home buyer tips before you get started!
1. Check the selling prices of similar homes in the area you'd like to purchase. Finding out what surround homes are worth will give you a good idea of the price range you'll be looking at.
2. Use a mortgage calculator to see what you can afford and what your payments would be.
3. You home costs should add up to about 1/3 of your total income each month. Do the numbers to see what your total monthly housing cost would be, to ensure you look for a home you can afford.
4. Find out what the upfront costs are for the home you want to purchase. Closing costs can add up, so plan ahead
5. Speak to a reputable real-estate agent, like me, Deena Landsman! I can help you learn more about the currently real estate climate and help you find what you're looking for!
6. Consider unexpected costs such as new appliances, roof repairs, plumbing issue, etc. Remember, when you are a home owner, you can't run to your landlord to have these things fixed. You are now responsible for taking care of them yourself.
Remember, you don't have to go it alone! Give me a call and I'll be right by your side!